A new year is a perfect time to check in with your skin-care routine, reassess how your habits are, and revisit your skincare regimen. Not only does it help you understand what’s working well for your skin and what you want to improve, after these endured weeks of holidays, travel, stress, and overindulgence in food and drink.
Before starting out, keep your step-by-step skincare routine simple and properly determine which skincare products work best for your skin type. The following considerations provide an ultimate guide to the skincare routine steps:
1) Cleansing: Cleansing your skin at least 3 times a day is a must. Besides removing free radicals that damage skin, it also eliminates makeup, face products, dirt, excess oil, and anything else that coats the surface. Cleansing prepares the skin for the products that follow to have their greatest effect.
2) Toning: Toning is good for loose pores and resets frazzled skin. Mostly, a gel toner is favored over a lotion and it should be executed in the morning & night after cleansing. Toners help restore healthy pH and enhance your skin’s absorption of actives from other skincare products.
3) Serum: Serums contain concentrated amounts of nutrients, antioxidants, and hydrators that instantly improve the health of your skin. Using a Vit. C serum during the day, protects your skin from irritation and damage caused by the environment, and choosing a serum containing hyaluronic acid at night plumps up and hydrates your skin over the night.
4) Eye Cream & Spot Treatment Cream: Before applying creams and oils, apply eye creams as they are much lighter and thinner. Since the under-eye region is the most delicate area, be sure to dab your under-eye cream gently. Following this, include spot treatment cream during the night, because that’s when your body thoroughly restores itself.
5) Moisturizer: Moisturizer is one of the most essential steps in your skincare routine. Whether you have oily skin, dry or normal skin, applying a suitable moisturizer can maintain your skin barrier & make your face seem much healthier & glowing. Preferred ingredients for a moisturizer contains antioxidants like vitamin A, C, and E, green tea, caffeine, etc., which helps lock out free radicals and trap in moisture.
6) Face Oil: Face oils are responsible for sealing in all the ingredients and moisture applied to the face and preventing them from evaporating. These oils also can boost the efficiency of your skincare routine while leaving the skin smooth & soft.
7) Sunscreen: Sunscreen is very important and we should use it daily, even if we are spending most of our time indoors. Select a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF 30 or more as it protects the skin from both UVA and UVB rays. Sunscreens reduce signs of aging and limit the appearance of sunspots.
It’s quite easy to get attracted to the hype of certain skincare brands and the latest skincare hacks, but make sure the best skincare products are the ones that fit your skin type and individual requirements. Want to try some advanced skincare treatments? Lapeau Medi.Spa in Australia offers a wide range of skincare services with tailor-made solutions based on each client’s needs and satisfaction.